Our trade-in policy
Trade-in days are Wednesday and Sunday 11am – 4pm. Our limit is two boxes per customer per trade-in day. If you have an estate of more than 500 books, we’d be happy to make an appointment for a house call.
LPB accepts books in almost-new condition. If your book is something we cannot use, we will be happy to donate it for you to the San Diego Book Project (sdbookproject.org).
We accept books in exchange for store credit. The amount of credit may vary at the store representative’s discretion, but is typically 25% of the list price of the book. Credit is kept on file at the store and can be applied to purchase other used books. Credit is not valid to purchase collectibles, new books or other merchandise – just other used books.
Unfortunately we cannot accept:
- Hardcovers without their jackets
- Books with highlighting or underlining
- Books with loose bindings; smelly, moldy or water-damaged books
- Previously purchased books from the LPB 50 cent cart
- Book Club editions
- Audio books
- DVDs, CDs and vinyl
- Ex-library books
- Recent/contemporary hardcover fiction
- Readers’ Digest books
- Romance and certain mystery publishers
- Test Prep books
- Time-Life Books and certain other publishers