We respect the craft of all authors and understand the immense amount of work that goes into writing and publishing a book. This being said not all books are created equal and it is sometimes the job of a bookseller to make the hard decision to not carry a book in our inventory.
We are a very small bookstore comprised of just a few booksellers who are very versatile and kind but we cannot accommodate every request.
We have created the list below to establish the criteria we will consider in order to carry an independently published book. Please do not drop by with your book. Following the instructions below is the way to go:
- Your book must be distributed through our distributor, Ingram or a traditional publisher.
- It must be available at a regular discount (no exception)
- Your book should not be self-published by Amazon or one of its publishing subsidiaries. This is a deal breaker.
- If the 3 conditions above are met please send us a paper copy along with your business card which should include your contact information to: Team La Playa Books, 1026 Rosecrans, San Diego, CA 92106. The copies of the book will not be returned regardless of the decision to carry your book in our store
- The design, content and production standards must meet our expectations of quality and interest
- Your book must align with our curation needs and philosophy
- You have a social media presence (IG or Twitter) that will ensure the wide promotion of your book in our bookstore to your followers
We will not provide feedback on our decision. If we choose to carry your book we will follow-up with you and establish a timeline for this process.
When we choose to carry the books of independent authors we ask that you promote the presence of your book in our store via a link to our website.
Thank you for reading this information thoroughly.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if we have not answered all your questions.
La Playa Books Team